View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #115
Barbara H.

Re: Joe passed on this evening

Dear Christine, Danielle, and Deborah,
Just as many have responded, I was both shocked and saddened to hear about Joe's passing. I have been away visiting my parents and family in Michigan and haven't been able to respond until now. Christine, your mission to establish the HER2 website along with Joe's ability and commitment to its existence created a service to those of us with HER2 breast cancer that provided information, hope, and a strong sense of community.

I have spoken positively about this website to both my doctors and nurses at the Dana Farber, and have recommended it other HER2 patients I have met. I feel uncomfortable responding publicly to online groups, and am not even a member of Facebook. In spite of these concerns, I felt compelled to join this site due to the professional and compassionate way Joe ran it. He professed his interest and care for everyone here, and responded to those who needed his help and advice. The HER2 Support Group has given me hope when I had none, and has encouraged me to live a normal and rather worry free life in spite of my recurrence to stage 4 over 6 years ago. I can not thank you enough for what you and Joe have provided for me and my family.

My heart goes out to you and your family. My thoughts are with you daily.

My condolences to you, your family, and your friends.

Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote