View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 07:02 PM   #13
Carolyns

Re: update - what to do?

Pam - Chrisy is right. I flew round trip from Florida to Detroit every week for 12 weeks in the study. Prior to that I had to go to Detroit about 6 times to get in the study. In addition to the airfare I paid for daily meals about $60 per trip and transfers back and forth from the airport to the hospital via private car which were $120 per trip. After getting "locked down" in the hospital (long really bad story) over a weekend I never made the trip alone again... so I paid my airline ticket and one for a friend to go with me.

I don't think price alone should make your decision. First of all I am sure that you could do it for much less money than I did. It was just a shock to me what I ended up spending because of all of the complications I encountered.... that was my experience and doesn't have to be yours.

I know you will make the right decision based on what you learn. TDM1 is a great drug and I hope that you decide based on all of the information you gather and not my own personal experience / comments on the cost... there was a bunch that went into those numbers as I tried to explain.

Love, Hope, Peace, Carolyn
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote