View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
jml

Re: Difficulty with eating/swallowing

Thanks Bonnie for your response. I mentioned this to my doc about this, but I don't think I was very clear or specific, so we talked about consulting with the Nutritionist. I do take Compazine as well and it does seem to help.

Carolyn - you are exactly right about the throat closing and catching for no reason. And it does seem that if I wait too long to eat, the response is worse. I usually find that I can get breakfast down, but that's likely because I know as soon as I get out of bed that I have to prepare food before I get too hungry.
I'm also often surprised that it's time to eat again and find myself just dreading it. The main motivation to eat is to just get rid of this awful empty stomach/hunger pang feeling.
I'll keep you posted if I learn any new techniques or ideas from the Nutritionist.
I hope you're tolerating the Ixempra well and more importantly, I hope it's doing it's job.

It is just comforting to, as always, to be able to post here and find support from friends, so thank you.

Take good care~

Jessica
jml is offline   Reply With Quote