Thread: Pet Scanxiety!
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #8
swimangel72

Re: Pet Scanxiety!

I saw my onc today - he gave me the Pet scan report which states "There is mild increased uptake in the left hilar region (SUV max-2.7; reference right hilar SUV max-1.7) Normal varian physiologic activity is favored, however, given the clinical history of breast cancer, consider further evaluation with contrast-enhanced CT of the chest. No abnormal uptake is seen within the lung parenchyma. There is a probable 3 mm nodule in the left upper lobe anteriorly, too small for PET detection."

My onc doesn't want to expose me to any more radiation right now. I asked him if the pain in my chest over my port scar would correlate with the hilar region of the lung but he didn't know - especially since I have no difficulty breathing. So he wants me to see a pulmonologist (appointment made for August 24th).......and he ordered another CA 27.29 since the last one showed a tiny bit of increase in numbers. But he reassured me that he was very happy with the PET scan report - nothing lit up in the bones or nodes or neck area at all and he feels confident that this mild uptake will just be vascular in nature (even though I read online that "Typically, the SUV value of metastatic lesion is above 2.5." ) I also read that there are many reasons other than cancer for uptake in a Pet scan in the lungs - and that gives me confidence, so I'm not going to worry any more. We leave for a week's vacation this Saturday and I'm really looking forward to it so that'll be a wonderful distraction!
IDC Stage 1, Grade 1
ER+ 90% /PR+ 90% /Her2++++, BRAC1 & 2 neg
3/5/08 - mast with muscle-sparing free tram;
0/7 nodes clear; Stage 1 lymphedema in right arm
3/11/08 - MRSA infection in abdomen causes large hernia
4/11/08 - Oncotype DX score 22 (intermediate)
4/12/08 - Muga score 67%
4/23/08 - Chemo, Navelbine and Herceptin every 2 weeks
8/20/08 - Last Navelbine infusion! Yay!
1/22/09 - First mammo since dx - unaffected breast CLEAR!
1/30/09 - Second Muga score 63%
swimangel72 is offline   Reply With Quote