View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
Chelee

Re: Trying not to panic

Pam, I can relate to how one phone call can instantly turn your life upside down and spinning in the blink of an eye! Argh! I have personally talked to Dr. Slamon about T-DM1 and I really believe this drug is going to be a magic bullet for so many here. I'm not sure where that 25% came from? But if it is correct...someone has to fall in that area...why not you.

Wasn't it Esther that was doing so well on TDM1 until she had elevated liver enzymes and had to drop out of the trial. But my point being...Esther had went thur so many chemo combo's like you...and this turned out to be a magic bullet for her until she ran into the liver issues with the drug. So always hang on to hope. If there is anyway you can get into a TDM1 trial...I would certainly go for it. Have you called Genenetech and double checked to make sure there aren't any other TDM1 trials that may of opened up closer to you? I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a good trt options that will blow your cancer cells into smithereens ! They lose every time...and they will again! Sending lots of positive energy your way.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote