Thread: Mass in liver
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 04:12 AM   #21
Lauriesh

Re: Mass in liver

Well, I had the biopsy yesterday, and it went as good as can be expected.

I am starting to contemplate my treatment choices, so when I meet with my onc on Mon, I'm well informed of and have an idea of how I want to approach the liver mets (if that's what they are)

I see that the "super herceptin" trial is at Mayo, which is only about an hour from where I live. I am wondering if I shoud first try Herceptin combined with other chemos that are already approved? Or has anyone just tried Herceptin alone first? That is appealing to me because of the lack of side effects. I want to keep things as normal as possible for my kids, and herceptin alone was so easy last time, it wouldn't be a big disruption for my kids.

I am also interested in cyberknife. For those of you that have had it for liver mets, were you on chemo while you had the cyberknife? I read that surgery is required, is that true? Did you have to stop chemo/ herceptin while recovering from the surgery?

I don't know how to add my diagnosis/treatment details in my signature, so here goes. Diag. 3/05- Stage 2 4.5 cm and 2+ lymph nodes. Did AC, then taxol/ herceptin, then herceptin for a year. Also did radiation. Finished Herceptin 6/06 and have been NED since then.

Thanks for any advice that you can give.

Laurie
Lauriesh is offline   Reply With Quote