View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
weety

aredia for osteopenia???

Hi all,
I am looking for info on using aredia for osteopenia. I was diagnosed at age 38 (stage 1) completed TCH and currently finishing up herceptin. Also had an ooph/hyster so am now on an AI. At first my onc had told me she could "probably" give me zometa off-label for the prevention of osteoporosis if my bone density scan came back with problems. I fit all of the osteo risks (thin, petite, white female) and I have been following the new studies about the reduction of recurrences, so I was pretty excited about being able to possibly get the zometa.

Now that I have my results back (osteopenia) she is retracting what she told me (BUMMMMMER!) and said she could instead offer me aredia. I can't find much info on aredia for osteopenia. I also am looking for info on zometa for osteopenia/osteoporosis prevention. She told me she needs some studies to back it up if I want the zometa--I'm determined to find them unless aredia is also a good bisphos to use (in terms of possible recurrence reduction rates) as well.

Please help!!! I'm having trouble finding the info I need.

TCH chemo 8/09-12/09

Ooph/hysterectomy 4/10

Started Femara 6/10

Completed year of herceptin 10/11

Zometa 1/11 (2X/yr for 2yrs)

Hopefully nothing else!!!!
weety is offline   Reply With Quote