View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #15
Jackie07

Re: breast reconstruction question

Just saw this on the LBBC page. Thought I'd tag it on this thread.

Breast Reconstruction: Understanding Your Options

Register now for our next free teleconference, Breast Reconstruction: Understanding Your Options, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on Wednesday, July 28. Learn more.

Karen M. Horton, MD, MSc, FRCSC, a board certified plastic surgeon with Women’s Plastic Surgery, will help you learn about:
  • Different types of reconstructive surgeries
  • The latest research in rebuilding the breast
  • How to determine the option that is best for you
  • Microsurgery, nipple reconstruction and immediate versus delayed surgery
  • The stages of the reconstruction process
  • What to expect during your recovery
This teleconference will also discuss questions to help you explore whether you want to consider reconstructive surgery.

You may also be interested in Breast Reconstruction: Options, Expectations and Alternatives.

Managing Fear of Recurrence Podcast and Brochure

What If? Managing the Fears of Breast Cancer Recurrence with Sage Bolte, PhD, LCSW, OSW-C. Concerns and anxiety about breast cancer coming back is something many women cope with after completing initial treatment. Find out about common fears, and learn about effective strategies that can help you take control of your thoughts and manage your emotions. Dr. Bolte also discusses useful resources for getting support and professional help when needed.
LBBC’s Guide to Understanding Fear of Recurrence. This new, free brochure will help you understand the common fear that cancer may return. You will learn how your personality, life situation, social support and diagnosis could impact your fears and how occasions and non-occasions might trigger worries. Get tips for transitioning into life after treatment and moving forward years after your diagnosis. View practical resources to help you cope and find support.
You may also be interested in our Fear of Recurrence blog series.

Linda’s Story: Taking a Vacation from Your Cancer
“As summer begins, many of you are thinking about going on vacation. For years my husband and I worked hard and saved money. We planned that after our children left home and we retired, we could travel, which we love to do. Wouldn’t you know that just when we started phasing into retirement I was diagnosed with breast cancer. It’s hard to get away when surgery, radiation and chemotherapy interfere!
But travel we did.”
Read the rest of Linda’s story on our blog.
Save the Date!
Mark your calendars now for the 11th Annual Conference for Young Women Affected by Breast Cancerto be held Friday, February 25 – Sunday, February 27, 2011, at the Peabody Orlando Hotel in Orlando, Florida.
A joint effort by Living Beyond Breast Cancer and Young Survival Coalition, this event is the only international educational conference focused on the needs of young women affected by breast cancer. The weekend will feature the latest educational information and meeting opportunities for you and your caregivers.
Visit youngsurvivorsconference.org often for updates on conference speakers, workshop topics, registration and travel grants. Click here to view pictures from this year’s conference.
Help us celebrate 11 years of successful conferences for young women! Save the date now.

Warmly,
Jean
Jean A. Sachs, MSS, MLSP
LBBC Chief Executive Officer
Toll-free Survivors’ Helpline: (888) 753-LBBC (5222)
354 West Lancaster Ave, Suite 224
Haverford, PA 19041
(610) 645-4567

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote