View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
my2boys

Re: Recurrence vs. Metastatic

Dear Shonda,

Your onc doesn't seem to be giving you hope and hope is what you need right now. Please remember that your onc in not God, he/she is just a doctor.

Please do not give up hope. I am dealing with a recurrence, although a local one. I am on my second round of chemotherapy, A/C and Taxol with Herceptin and Tykerb. The TCH did not work for me. No one has said anything to me about chemo not working and cancer wiggling its way around it. Please don't listen to this. It is just a matter of finding the right treatment for yourself.

Have you considered Tykerb. It may just be that the herceptin isn't working as well as they had hoped. I know that in my case it only suppressed the cancer, but as soon as I was finished my year, it grew back in the exact same spot. My hope is that the Tykerb, combined with the Herceptin, will do the trick. I am thankful that there are these new types of drugs to treat HER2+.

I will pray for you and hope that you are surrounded by people who will encourage you and lift you up......and most importantly will give you HOPE. It is the mainstay and don't let go of it.

Hugs,
Anne
my2boys is offline   Reply With Quote