View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 08:50 AM   #31
Jean

Re: Bad News/Good News/Keep the Faith

Bonnie,
I am so sorry to read your posts!
That are nightmarish to say the least.
I at first reading was shocked that you could or would be a stage IV....then as I read the full story I was just horrified.

I can only relate in a very small way...I had a ct scan which showed a nodule ...have been watching it for 5 yrs. now (also had pneumonia twice years ago). Also in a bad location to biopsey...so we watched it first by treating with a strong antibiotic (which did not change the size etc.) but it did in the year get smaller. Now have another one we are watching and it is not changing. At first I was very concerned waiting those months...but the dr. did slow down the process saying we are observing and in three months will go back and check again. With no change - we moved to 6months, while all the time I will admit I was a bit worried.

I have to say - what you have gone through sounds very much like you should at the very least consult with a professional attorney.

Once again I am deeply sorry that you and your husband had to endure such stress. But on the positive side, I am so thrilled you are NED. I wish you a speedy healing.

Best Wishes,
Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo