View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 08:08 AM   #37
Lien

Re: Five years out???

Hi candlegranny,

Sorry you had to go looking for us and that you have gotten on this rollercoaster you didn't want.

I am always surprised to hear about doctors who seem to be able to predict your outcome. There is no way to know whether you survive or not. I know people who were diagnosed with stage I and who are dying, and I know several people who had stage IV and are still very much alive, even more than 12 years later. So forget about what he said, he doesn't know what he's on about. Statistically your chances may not be so good, but you are not a statistic. You could very well be one of those who beat the odds.

I suspect you are not getting arimidex, because this is hormonal therapy, and as your tumor wasn't hormone sensitive (ER/PR positive) it probably won't help you.

If you have any doubts about your treatment plan, go for a second opinion. Have you had a mastectomy? lumpectomy?

Hang in there!

Hugs

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote