View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #3
Laurel

Re: Life after treatment

Patrice,

When I went back to work after finishing chemo and my surgeries, it seemed to take so long for me to get my mojo back. I am in sales so my mojo is important, but I just dragged along. Once I changed from Tamoxifen to an A.I. I perked up a bit. I was one of those patients who did not sleep well on Tamoxifen waking 5-6 times throughout the night. Needless to say your performance stinks when you are sleep deprived!

As for something meaningful, there are opportunities to serve Joe & Christine and the members of our site by going to one of the conventions and manning the Her-2 Support table. If you liked your job prior to cancer, you will enjoy it again just give it some time. Recovering physically and mentally after your Herceptin treatment takes the better part of a year. Adjusting to the new and improved post-cancer you is a gradual process. Your outlook on many things will have changed and you may find you appreciate life so much more. I am guessing you will regain your mojo, too! Life post - cancer, to quote Austin Powers, is a "groovy thing, Baby!" Hang in there!

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote