View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
emily

Adrien from Sydney is an angel now

Adrien's partner Jan has asked me to let you all know this sad news. Adrien has always been a great support to many of us on the Her2 website. I will miss her immensely. I have included Jan's email to me below:

Dear Emily

I just read your email and am sorry to tell you that Adrien was in RPA hospital when she had a brain haemorrhage and died Tuesday evening. She had a bleed at about 2.30 pm - Carole her friend of 25 yrs was there just after the seizure and talked to her before she went for a CT scan. Claire her daughter got there soon after, as did I and her mum Peg. She was unconscious by then and we all four held her until she died. We told her we loved her and held her hand. We played Bach Flute Sonatas and Music of the Spanish Renaissance. Remarkably she had not been in pain and went gently when she stopped breathing and her heart stopped at 8.15.
She found the Her2 site supportive and it helped her deal with her questions and fears. Please let the others know that she had not been and was not in pain - miraculously - and she was herself to the end. I had a lovely visit with her and a friend the previous evening and her niece and mother also did that morning. She was such a beautiful person and as a friend of ours said 'She has lived her life with such immense courage and grace.' She connected with so many people with her open heart and beautiful spirit.
I am heart broken - it is still so strange that she is no longer in this world.
The funeral is in Sydney on Tuesday at 2.30.

love
Jan & Adrien
xxx
emily is offline   Reply With Quote