View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
TriciaK

TriciaK checking in!

It's been awhile since I posted but do browse every week or so, and think of you all with love and prayers. I did just have my 6-months PET/CT, which once again shows NED! It's been 6 years now since I was diagnosed her2, and over 25 since my first BC diagnosis. My ca27.29 markers have been rising steadily for almost a year and are up to 225 now but my onc can't seem to pinpoint why. We do check them monthly now. My general health has not been good, but am still feisty (and counting) at age 80. My wonderful husband, 9 children, 32 grands and 40 great grands keep life so interesting I plan to stay around awhile longer, God willing. I am writing my memoirs and have 400 typed pages , though I'm only through the 1970's and no pictures are added yet. My husband and I agree that old age and poor health are the most frustrating things we've faced, but I don't dare complain. I've gotten through BC three times, plus serious heart problems and painful arthritis, while my parents only lived to ages 47 and 56, and my only sibling died of BC at age 53 the year I was first diagnosed. Life has been challenging and hard, but I've been blessed in so many ways, and especially have been blessed to be able to help others along the way. My experiences taught me many things, but I'll pass two favorite sayings along to you: "People make plans and God just chuckles", and "This earthlife is the only school where you get the tests, and THEN you learn the lessons." I guess the reason I've lived a long time is because I'm a slow learner! Love, prayers and hugs, TriciaK
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote