View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #3
Becky

Re: What now - lower back, hip & shoulder pain

Vicki

This can absolutely be muscular inflammation and can partially be attributed to your recent, serious infection.

I am very susceptible to this after a really bad cold, bronchitis etc. My neck and shoulders get so sore its like I've been in a car accident (really). I used to think that the virus embedded in my muscles and maybe, in a sense, this is partially true.

Also, you have really been through so much in the last couple of months - even more treatment than the rest of us got (even if the book was thrown at us at the time) since you also got Tykerb as well. Then you barely get a reprieve after rads only to get really ill.

I think your onc is right to rest, rest, rest and knock this out of you and start stabilizing. If you still have more doses of Herceptin, this will not affect you. If the weather is nice by you, take a small walk (10 mins) then lay in a chaise lounge and enjoy the fresh air.

Eat well. Cut up alot of fruit and munch down. Get caught up on the soaps you used to like or read a romance novel. This will pass. This has happened to me without having just been on therapy. In a month, this will seem like a distant memory.

It is good to stay on top of it though and keep your docs involved.

Huge hug to you

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote