View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
Becky

Re: Need Some Advice

What does the radiologist reading the scans think they are? Perhaps that radiologist should review all the pix and make some comment. Do they go away and then come back or do they go away but new spots emerge in a different location (and then those go away too).

I would want some explanation of what they think it is. I had a first scan after treatment was completed and they saw something in my right upper lobe. Said to rescan in 3 months. Of course you can't just let it go AND, I didn't want to continue just having scans unless there were symptoms. I got my onc and the radiologist together. The radiologist didn't know my history. Seems the "hazy something" in the right lung was radiation scarring. Yours could be infection, response to allergens, anything like that but it would be nice if they would give you some theories. Settles the mind. I am sure you are fine but I know how the mind can take you to that bad place of Cancerland.

Keep smiling.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote