View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 04:59 AM   #10
Lien

Re: Stillhere's poll question #3

I went off Zoladex and Arimidex in Sept. 09. 2 weeks ago my period returned and my libido is much improved. To put it bluntly: We've had more sex during the past month than we had during the past year. It's a great feeling. However, I am more worried about recurrence now. I have a small mosquitobite-like spot on my nipple (contralateral) which doesn't really worry my surgeon. He doesn't think it looks like Paget, but if it doesn't go away on its own, he will do a biopsy next month. There's no discharge, no retracted nipple, no scalyness, no itching, no pain. It's just a raised area on the nipple and it doesn't seem to change. We took a picture to have something to compare it too. There are no palpable lumps either. Weird.

Should I or shouldn't I get an ooph? I would like to see some stats on risk of recurrence for my situation, but can't seem to find them. I'm ER/PR +, Her2 ++ and 50 years old. Had 5 years of Zoladex and Arimidex, but my stubborn ovaries bounced back from that, determined to show they were not ready for The Change yet. Sigh. I like the return of libido, but could do without the periods.

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote