Thread: Chelee????
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 10:21 PM   #47
Chelee

Re: Chelee????

Yes I am feeling better thank you all. I'm still dealing with this pain in femur & foot from the rads. I did get to talk to my Rads onc and she seemed concerned that my hip was hurting the way it is. She also sees the slight swelling in my foot and ankle which she didn't feel was normal. She felt it was more from the femur surgery I had.

But I disagree with her. Since I recovered from my femur surgery I have had no pain or swelling at all. My entire leg and hip was feeling better then ever. The pain in my hip and foot started the 2nd day of rads...I find it very hard to believe its just a coincidence? Then each day I went back for rads the pain in hip and foot has increased...so it has to be from rads. The Rads Onc said I could expect some inflammation which will "usually" go away...but she could not guarantee it. The Rads onc said I could stop now and if cancer does come back we could deal with it then, so I don't know what to think at this point? I've done 6 days and I suppose to do 10. Seems like it would be all for nothing if I stopped now. But I don't want to be crippled either. At least this Rads onc is really good at making herself available to me and actually answering questions...such a nice change. I'm not use to that. If anyone here has had rads to your femur feel free to jump in & share your experience.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote