Thread: Spring Gardens
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 03:33 PM   #128
Bill

Re: Spring Gardens

Welp, I think it's a good time to start spring! Usually, Pinkgirl is in charge of it, but this year I'm wresting control of the season again....with a question...Now bear with me, Ladies and Gentlemen. I'm the kind of person who only likes to pay for things once, if at all. In the winter, when I'm done cooking a meal in the oven, I leave the oven door cracked open to help warm the house. I've already paid to heat the oven, so the leftover heat is FREE, right? I can hear some of you now, "Bill, you're a tight-wad!" Been hearing that my whole Life. But, honestly, I'm merely frugal. Here's my new dilemna- for some time now, I've watched as my basement sump-pump sorta floods/irrigates a portion of my yard and it's really got me worked up. I sez to myself, "Bill, you've already paid to pump that water over to that part of the yard. All you're doing is growing better grass. You should plant a water-loving edible garden over there." I quickly agree with myself, but I'm not sure what to plant. Any ideas? Maybe rice?