View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
charlotte

My mother and Husband have both died in 4 weeks

I hope I don't depress ya'll but my mother died about 3 1/2 weeks ago.. that I thought was the hardest thing I was going through. she died with me stroking her arm and telling her how much I loved her.
well, my husband died yesterday. the funeral will be tomorrow. He had sarcodosis and only had about 10 percent left of his lungs that worked. I have cried until I have made myself sick. I realize this site is for cancer patients... (I am one, unfortunately).. I am pacing the floor and trying to "be strong"... I have no reserves left in me. I always thought I would be the first to die, with all of my problems... I guess we never will know in advance what lies ahead. One of the things my husband said to me (after my mastectomy) was"I would love you even if you had no arms or legs"we had been married for 28 years. So I say to every one... as others have said... Always tell the one you love how much you love them. It does not have to be a special occasion. My husband was on a vent and could not speak, so he taught me in sign language how to say "I love you".I had him brought home , I did not want him to die without seeing me and being with me. He died at home . I have to go now as tears are starting to flow agin. thanks for letting me come here for a few minutes of being in the presence of a fine group of women who really understand how cancer has affected our lives and family.
charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote