View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
naturaleigh

Insurance questions

I hate to be whinny, but I am hoping that my questions will help others who may be in my situation.

I am single, working a full time job. I am too young to retire (50ys of age), but my body is very tired and my memory is not even half of what it used to be. I am no longer able to keep up with the duties and demands of a full time job. I am seeking a part-time job and something that is way less demanding. Unfortunatley, a part time job does not offer insurance. I am trying to find a way out but everywhere I turn, I hit a brick wall. My oncologist will not approve disability because I have not had a reaccurance. I have tried to by early retirement, which will take everybit of my retirement funds like 401K, Roth and a stock that I own. I am willing to do this, but once again, because of my age, I will not get insurance.

For those of you out there that understand this insurance stuff, can you tell me if I buy my early retirement, get a part time job and work without insurance coverage, will I still qualify for medicaid, medicare or Social Security down the road when my health starts declining or I get a reacurrance of cancer?

There has to be some anwsers and help out there somewhere for a single, low income person which now has pre-existing health issues. I tried calling my insurance company to find out about single coverage, but they will not even talk to me until I am over 5 yrs out of being cancer free. Even after the 5 years, the cost is way more than I can pay. Do any of you fight this beast with no insurance?

Being at the job is very detrimental to my health, so for my health's sake, I don't mind going with out insurance for awhile, but I need to know if I can get help when I need it again.

er, pr-, Her2+++
Stage 2b, grade 3
negative nodes
4 rounds AC
3 months of weekly taxol
1 yr of Herceptin
Finish Herceptin May 2007
35 rounds of Radiation
Reconstruction completed Dec 2007
Implant replaced due to infection Mar 2008
4 Years NED!!!
naturaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote