Thread: Hair Issues
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 12:16 PM   #9
'lizbeth

Re: Hair Issues

Brenda,

I feel your pain. My hair grew in very fine, but good coverage in the back. The very front and temples the hair was sparse. Used to having extremely thick hair, it distressed me.

In the last few months the curls all grew out and it was very straight and baby fine. I started Rogaine for women Christmas eve and I see all sorts of tiny fine hairs coming in on the side that was the thinnest. I just bought it off the shelf $35 for a 3 month supply.

It did seem that it got thinner too. I do know that hairs fall out before others replace them. Maybe thicker hairs are on the way!

I finished Taxotere 9/08 and it has taken a long time to get to where I feel more comfortable with my slowly thickening hair. A watched pot never boils, lol.

Good luck,

Elizabeth

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote