View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 01:41 PM   #10
naturaleigh

Re: Cancer Treatments and employment issues

Have any of you ladies fought this disease without insurance? I have applied for disablity about a year ago and everything is at a stand still. I do not know where to turn next. I have taken one test which does show that I can no longer multi-task which is a major part of my current job. My neurologist says I failed really bad on other areas, but he is not telling me which areas.

I am at the point where I can not stay at my present job any longer and with my cognative issues, (my memory can not retain information anymore and I am forgeting how to do many things I used to do).
I am searching for a part-time job that is less demanding, but at this point, I don't know what kind of job I can get.

I don't understand the ins and outs of insurance. All I know it that as a single, low income person, I can not afford COBRA. Do you know if a person can qualify for mediciad if he/she does not have insurance? As soon as I get out of this job, I plan on applying for medicaid, but I have been told, I will be turned down, and you have to re-apply numerous times and a lawyer will have to eventually help you get it, but that is something I can not afford.
Has anyone ever been in the same insurance boat and can give me a heads up on what to do.

Thanks

er, pr-, Her2+++
Stage 2b, grade 3
negative nodes
4 rounds AC
3 months of weekly taxol
1 yr of Herceptin
Finish Herceptin May 2007
35 rounds of Radiation
Reconstruction completed Dec 2007
Implant replaced due to infection Mar 2008
4 Years NED!!!