View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #6
Chelee

Re: This wk things could change, I'm nervous.

Rich, my labs always include a CBC, CMP, & CA29.27. All my numbers have been in normal range. In the past I've had them go up and back down a little...but nothing too worrisome. But lately they have been great. I do have a seroma in that area that has gotten really hard after 4 yrs...so maybe the pain is coming from that?

I've mentioned this pain to my onc so many times it's ridiculous. She just doesn't seem concerned. But the pain is worse now then it's ever been...it's constant. I should get my PET/CT results back by Friday & I'll go from there. Hopefully this combo is working, & if not I will go out to see what Dr. Slamon has to say?

I just checked my calendar & the first time I got my Zometa it was seven wks apart...now this time it will be eight? (Not sure why my onc did that?)

Good point about the "disruptions & Navelbine". Point well taken...thank you. Also thanks for the link on Zometa...I have some reading to do. Although I've done quite a bit of research on it before. I was always pushing my onc to let me have it long before my bone mets in hopes to prevent them...but she always had an excuse not to give it to me. (It's called keeping the costs down.) Now because I have mets...she has no choice.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.

Last edited by Chelee; 01-24-2010 at 11:42 PM.. Reason: Correction.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote