View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
lizm100

Re: Rest in Peace, Pam

Valerie-
I'm so sorry for your loss. This disease takes too many lives, both young and old.

Your story is a little similiar to mine.
Long story short.....in Oct. 07, I went to see my doctor and told her that an area of my breast didn't feel right (I had a baby a baby 5 months earlier so my breast were lumpy and still are). My doctor did an exam and told me that I'm fine and not to worry since I'm young and have no family history of BC. Shortly after that visit I read an article in our town paper about my daughter's religion teacher being diagnosed with breast cancer shortly after her sister was and all the sudden I got this feeling inside my gut that something was not right with area of concern in my breast (I did not have a lump but an area felt a little thicker and it bothered me). I went back to my doctor on January 16th of 08' and this time my doctor took my feelings seriously and that was the day the radiologist told me that he was confident that I had breast cancer. If I would not have read the article in my town's paper about Natalie (my daughter's religion teacher) I probably wouldn't have gone to my doctor again and pushed for a mammogram.

It sounds like Pam is the angel that saved your life just like Natalie is mine.

God bless and may you find comfort that she is at peace and not suffering from this nasty disease any longer.
lizm100 is offline   Reply With Quote