View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #11
Nancy L

Re: Tykerb SE's -OUCH!!

Rash - The rash on my face comes and goes and I have just lived with it. I live in the desert so I use 70 SPF sunscreen everyday and I think it helps. I did have a very serious problem with sores in my nose along with nose bleeds everyday. It went on for several months. I tried steaming but it didn't promote healing. I asked my vocal cord doctor at UCLA and he said to apply neosporin on a Q-tip and apply it inside my nose. I did it for several weeks and everything is healed--no more nosebleeds and actually my nose has stopped running--it is wonderful. After I had my problem solved, I read the instructions for using neosporin and it said NOT to use it inside your nose. But it worked for me.

Fingertips - splits in the skin on my fingertips. This is a big problem for me and also my nails are peeling. I haven't found any real solution for this problem.

Toes - in-grown toenails. I went to a podiatrist and he solved my problem.

I have been on Tykerb/Herceptin for almost one year. I take 750mg of Tykerb at bedtime.

FYI--A major Tykerb side effect for me has been diarrhea. I had it undercontrol with diet. I was recently prescribed a high dosage of Prevacid and the combo of Tykerb and Prevacid made me very ill and created uncontrollable diarrhea. Same thing with Nexium. When I stopped the Prevacid, I felt decent again. Because it is so new, they do no have a lot of data about drug interactions with Tykerb.
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote