View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
schoolteacher

Re: HER2 Serum Test for Mets

Thank you Becky for this information. I am stage IV too. The BC was in my bones also. I have been on Herceptin for 2 years on 2-14. I had hoped to come off the Herceptin, but he has now told me I will need to stay on the Herceptin.

Becky, I don't know how to search for Gina's post. I don't remember reading many post from her.

It dawned on me last night that my HER2 level started going up a couple of months after I started the Tamoxifen.

I have not had a chance to check the board for HER2 and Tamoxifen. I remember that there have been some questions concerning taking the two together. My estrogen level is now 5. When I started the Herceptin my estrogen level was 50, and it did not go down until I began the Tamoxifen.

Is it possible the depletion of estrogen could be driving my HER2 level up? Is that what you call in mathematics an "inverse" relationship between these two? When one goes up the other goes down.

I know you have done a lot of research on this board. Do you know of any other women who need to do the loading dose again to bring their levels down?
Amelia
schoolteacher is offline   Reply With Quote