View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
Barbara H.

Please help! Tykerb has been denied by CVS Caremark

I am on my third month of taking Tykerb with Herceptin. Unfortunately, my husband's mail order perscription plan has changed to CVS Caremark. My oncologist sent in the prescription on Dec. 30th and I will run out of tablets by the end of the week. This medication is working for me, and I am totally stressed knowing what Shiela went through. Shiela can you give me some advice. I was on the phone with them today and said that I was going to take some action if they did not send me my prescription soon.
Sadly,
Barbara H. (See below)

Dear Dr. Krop and Danielle,

I was just on the phone to a customer care representative, Ivana, at CVS Caremark (where Care appears not to be a mark of excellence...), who informed me that your long-term prescription request has been denied by Caremark's review board.

According to Ivana, DFCI and Dr. Krop will have to initiate an appeal's process, apparently justifying your medical care decisions. You should have received (or will eventually) a notification of this denial by Caremark. Please request this appeal as soon and as vehemently as possible, since Barbara's supply of Tykerb will only last until next Monday (which is a holiday).
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote