View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 07:32 AM   #25
Hopeful

Re: getting her2+ER- bc to reexpress ER & consequences more complicated than thought

Lani,

I have a few questions about the trial that perhaps you can answer. I am including a link to the abstract from SABCS that accompanies the main subject of the article in the articles forum: http://www.abstracts2view.com/sabcs0...=SABCS09L_1839

Am I correct in that this was a European study? The results portion of the abstract says, "Between 2001 and January 2006, 9775 women were randomized to TEAM. In total, 99% of patients were ER+ and/or PgR+, 50% were node-negative, 44% underwent mastectomy, 68% received radiotherapy, and 36% received chemotherapy." There is no mention here of Herceptin. Do you know if any of the trial participants received Herceptin? I am thinking given the time frame and location the participants were drawn from, that they most likely did not.

Do I understand that those who were resistant are both Her2+ and Her3+, or was it either/or? When it is written with the slash, as it is in the article I posted, I am not sure how to interpret it.

Thanks for any light you can shed.

Hopeful

Last edited by Hopeful; 01-07-2010 at 07:34 AM..
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote