View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 02:42 AM   #7
Chelee

Re: Changes to my Navelbine & now side affects...

Colleen, I get pre-meds too...one is the Zofran along with Pepcid. I didn't feel nauseated at all when doing the wkly regimen. Changing to this 2 wk dose is awful...I can't believe it's made such a big difference in how I feel.

This not being able it eat isn't making me very happy. I feel so hungry but if I eat then I feel sick. I think I need to go back to wkly because this sucks. I read you can have severe problems with constipation on Navelbine...they certainly have that right. When I was on Taxotere which caused constipation I just took my Senokot nightly and no problems. But I take both the prescription my onc wrote for me and senokot and it's a joke. But I do take pain meds which I'm sure has added to the problem.
I did have a bad case of heart burn last night & took some Maalox which usually works wonders fro me. But this time it only worked for about 20 to 30 minutes. I'm going to be dehydrated and and really sick if something doesn't change by tomorrow. Maybe I will start taking some Protonix again like I did when on Taxotere...maybe that will help?

Lori, Thanks for letting me know you had the jaw pain...that has been worrying me. I hadn't heard of that being a side affect but I have noticed it's happened every time I have had an infusion. I'll just think positive and tomorrow will be 7 days since my infusion so things will start getting better by morning. Thanks for all the feed back.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote