View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 05:07 AM   #2
whatz

Re: Why do I have to fight for Benedryl?! (Warning, vent!)

Hi Chelee,
No, I've never had to ask for it but I'm also not in a recurrent status (though I'm not sure why that should make a difference). Like you I'm somewhat surprised that Pepsid was supposed to work the same as Benadryl (hm...I that Pepsid was somewhat of an Ant-acid and Benadryl an AntiHistamine). Anyway...at the beginning my nurses did not want me to drive either. This apparently does not apply anymore since I'm somewhat used to the stuff now after the 12 Taxol/Herceptin treatments. I get two Tylenols (though I always reduce that down to 1 since I don't need two, may not even need the 1 but have been too chicken to try that ) and Benadryl as a pre-med as they are hanging on the Herceptin. Never had to ask for it, would not have known to do so at the time. Sounds like it shall all get better when you finally can change providers in the new insurance year. (coming up soon as I seem to remember)
Merry Christmas :-)
6/09 Adriamycin + Cytoxan 4 treatments (every 3 weeks) followed by Taxol + Herceptin, 1 treatment weekly for 12 weeks, followed by Herceptin for 40 weeks
MRI Brain 4/10 clear
CT Body 4/10 clear
PET Body 2/11 clear
whatz is offline   Reply With Quote