View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #19
Louise O'Brien

Re: OK my opinion...Like it or not

Sherry... thanks for bringing up a topic that many of us think about - but never talk about, let alone acknowledge.

I remember a few years ago (before I was diagnosed) being outraged after hearing about the husband of a neighbour who died of bc. She was a truly wonderful woman and he appeared to be a very supportive husband. Within six months, he met another woman - an extremely wealthy woman - and after marrying her, he declared that he had "never been happier" in his life. Perhaps the French chateau and the new life style had something to do with it.

I remember my friend and I both going beserck one night which really amused our husbands. We felt so strongly that this was such a slap in the face to his late wife to hear this man go on and on about his wonderful new life. We still go on a rant about it when it comes up and we've warned our husbands we will haunt them to eternity if they ever pull something like that. Which only makes them laugh more .

So yes - of course one wants their spouse to wait a respectful time. And none of us wants to judge because who knows really what anyone's life is really like?

But this seemed to be beyond the pale and all I could think of is that this sweet woman whose life ended far too soon never deserved to be married to a jerk like that.

Sorry for sounding off -you just hit a raw chord with me - and it's a worthwhile discussion.
Louise O'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote