Thread: Four years out
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #1
MJo

Four years out

I am four years past my October 29, 2005, diagnosis. I saw my oncologist yesterday. and all is well. I complained about continuing cognitive problems -- although not as bad as two years ago. I blamed it on Femara. My oncologist said it could still be effects of chemo. That surprised me. Other than that, my liver enzymes continue to go up and down. Oncologist isn't concerned -- he says he'll only worry if they continue to go up! Still, my Internist ordered an ultrasound. The oncologist said the ultrasound isn't sensitive enough and won't show much, a CAT Scan would be better, but he doesn't think I need to worry. Interesting to be caught between two doctors.

I suspect that I have fatty liver. I have been a yoyo dieter, gaining and loosing from 20 to 40 pounds every two-three years since I was 15 years old. I lost 40 pounds on WeightWatchers last year and gained it all back. The oncologist sympathises -- I've seen him go from chubby to lean to chubby again in the four years I've been his patient! So I joined a gym and I'm going to keep trying to eat like a human being. An unexpected benefit of the gym -- it helps my clinical depression. An unexpected problem -- my asthma acted up, so I have exercise asthma. Have it under control, thankfully.

Congratulations to all my sisters who are four years out and counting. I am happy to join you.

IDC, Stage I, Grade 2
Oncotype DX Score 32
Her2++ E+P+, Node Neg.
Lumpectomy 11/04/05 Clear Margins
3 Dose dense AC (Couldn't tolerate 4)
4 Dose dense Taxol & Herc. (Tolerated well)
36 weeks Herceptin (Could not complete one year due to decrease in MUGA score)
2 years of Arimidex, then three years of Femara
Finished Femara May 2011
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote