View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 03:26 AM   #4
charlotte

Re: I am having problems getting correct day

thanks so much for the advice.
Thanks also for asking about Luke.. about 6 weeks ago I had to take him to the hospital, I had to almost drag him kicking and screaminghe Er. they took him right away.. he was admitted to ICU, in renal failure.He was admitted to Shands in Gainsville right away. The er Dr. told me , if I hadnt got Luke to the er , he probably would have been dead in about 4 hours.
at the er in the hospital they did a trach on him, foley etc.
A Dr. came in I have no idea where he came from in all the confusion. Did not identify himself, just looked at my husband who by now had tubes in every opening they could find ventilator going on him..looked at Luke and said ... This is a very sick man!! uh duh!!Gainsville round 400 miles from here.. Could not get a flight on Angel flight... Pilot said it was too dangerous to fly.. One pilot they contacted said he would fly Luke to Gainsville for $14,000 dollars. I almost threw up on that number.. finally they solved the problem with ( an ambulance with 2 registered nurses) I cant wait for that bill).....anway he is still alive thank God!!that is what's important
He is now stable enough , to be on the waiting list for some lungs... my husband has been in ICU for weeks, and weeks now.. the hospital is great, nurses are great etc. But I sure miss him.. the kind of trach he has in place , he cant speak.. I sure would love to hear his voice again..by the way he has stage 4 Scarodosis (not cancer) so I told him, well we now are stage 4,
both of us.It has been a "rough" ride so far with this episode.
my husband sent me a letter and said something so sweet, He had a birthday recently, so now Luke has been married 1/2 of his life to me. He said he wouldnt trade anything to be with a nother person..
I can only hope that a lung becomes available (I think yall know what I mean). I will let everyone know when a lung becomes availble.. this is such a nice group of people on this board... I felt comfortable discussing my husband with my Her2 family.. this is a place where I can vent my feelings...
thanks so much all...for the support, advice etc. that is given to me when I "check" in...
updates to follow... Charlotte
charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote