View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 06:03 PM   #28
Sandra in GA

Re: New Proposed Changes to Mammogram Guidelines

Jackie,
Thank you for you very insightful response. I suppose I had one of those cancers that really isn't harmful, DCIS. However, when that was removed at the same time they removed the 3cm HER2+ tumor that was growing on top of it, I did some research and learned that this occurs often. It is common for HER2 tumors to form on top of DCIS. No one seems to want to acknowledge that.

It is so sad to fight so hard to overcome this disease and then realize that a number of people feel we are costing the "system" too much. They don't want to know about breast cancer raging inside our bodies. They just don't care.

Why is it that when AIDS was first discovered an all out war was begun and now there are millions world wide that the US provides medication and care for? Don't we count just as much?

I am truyl thankful for all the research that has brought us Herceptin, lapatinib, and T-DM1. And, I am thankful for all these uncensored discussions on this board. I truly believe that knowledge is power and I feel I am constantly learning since joining this board. I truly hope the board remains as is and doesn't splinter off into a "non-controversial" form. I read everyone's opinions and glean from all views.

Thank you all,
Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote