View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #13
DianneS

Re: The weakly er+ group

Hi Celeste,

I am working with a naturopath as well. I'd love to know what your naturopath suggests. I thought I'd list some of the suggestions from mine, below. Some of the supplements I was getting from her I found I could get cheaper at the local health food store but she does have good recommendations for diet. She suggests these 12 foods on the grocery list:

brown rice
blueberries
lemons (lemon zest has limonene, a powerful anti cancer compound)
broccoli and broccoli sprouts
carrots
shittake mushrooms
salmon (not the farmed kind)
almonds
yougart
olive oil (can help with omega 3 & 6 fatty acids as well as alleviate skin and joint inflammation & weight mgmt.)

garlic - fresh & raw....add to salads. Cooked garlic retains cardiovascular protective properties but loses its immunological benefits.

ginger..use in stir fries, baking and boiling water as tea.

Dr. Schreiber, (MD, PhD) had brain cancer over 16 years ago and these are his recommendations for diet from his article in Prevention magazine:

Japanese green tea (sencha, gyokuro, matcha) contains more EGCH than common varieties of Chinese green tea. Green tea must steep for 5-8 minutes to release its catechins. Matcha is a strong tea and took me awhile to get used to.

Pomegranate juice
Cabbages and other cruciferous greens
Garlic, leeks, onions
Fatty fish - twice a week (or high quality purified fish oil supplements)

Citrus - eat whole and grate zest onto salads, fish, etc.
Berries
Dark chocolate (yes!)

I don't want to hijack this thread into a diet thread but just thought I'd post this

Dianne
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote