View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #8
DianneS

Re: The weakly er+ group

Hi Debra,

Maybe I didn't give it long enough. I felt pretty yucky while on herceptin as well and my onc wanted to wait for a couple of months after I finished herceptin before he began the Tamoxifen. I was on the Arimidex for about 3 weeks and felt progressively more nauseated, so much so that I went to ER. Did you get that? Shouldn't one feel a bit better as their body gets used to either Tam or an AI, rather than worse?

I had a bilat oophor in early 08, before the bc diagnosis so I have very little estrogen left!

What does the Aromosin do to bone density, do you know? Do you get a bone density test on a regular basis?

I do exercise daily with at the least a 1/2 walk. I do Qigong (like T'ai Chi) but it didn't help while taking these meds.

I started the Arimidex in June-July '09, quit, was still taking herceptin x 3 weeks then. Started the Tamoxifen Nov 6, now quit. Am wondering if the herceptin is still causing some se's even tho I finished herceptin in Sept. 09. ??

I see that you switched to Aromasin....does this have the same stuff in it as Arimidex? Is it an AI?

questions, questions!!

Dianne
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote