View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #15
Debbie L.

Re: To ALL - Please Remember Our Focus

>>Well said Christine. I too miss the former atmosphere of the message boards.

If the atmosphere has changed, then I will accept a good share of personal responsibility for that.

It has always been my nature to question. Learning more about breast cancer, after my own experience with same, has honed my interest in the science of breast cancer. And as I learned how few answers we (yet) possess - it also honed my interest in questioning.

Working through the issues of mortality/survivorship has brought this formerly-shy and reticent person out of the shyness-closet. I believe that having an understanding of the science, and of the controversies, is an important part of breast cancer advocacy and support. And that, having acquired some understanding myself, it is my duty to stand by it and to express it.

But I am able and willing to accept that polite debate of science conundrums, and of controversy, is an unwelcome intrusion into this already-comfortable and content group.

I can't say that I'll be able to leave this group altogether. I've become attached -- to many of the people, and to the HER2-specific science. I am pretty sure I'll still lurk. But I can say that I'll stop posting, and that you can return to your "former atmosphere" in peace.

Warm regards,
Debbie Laxague

HER2neu positive by IHC and FISH (8.89).
Lymphovascular invasion, grade 3, 8/9 modified SBR.
TX: Control of arm of NSABP's B-31 adjuvant Herceptin trial (no Herceptin, inducing a severe case of Herceptin-envy): A/C x 4 and Taxol x 4 q3weeks, then rads. Raging infection of entire chest after small revision of mastectomy scar after completing tx (significance unknown). Arimidex for two years, stopped after second pathology opinion.
2017: Mild and manageable lymphedema and some cognitive issues.
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote