Thread: Sad day...
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #16
Lien

Re: Sad day...

There could well be other causes. Like a gene defect running in a family. But in Ruth's case, I think she is probably right. I am so sorry!

My best friend is a dermatologist. She is convinced there's a cancer link to the environment. We live in the Netherlands, one of the most polluted area's in the world. It's one big river delta, really, and upstream from us are the German Ruhrgebiet, an industrialized area, the Rhine with it's Swiss pharmaceutical companies and the Meuse, with factories all the way into France. On top of that, we have two of the largest ports in the world: Rotterdam and Amsterdam. We have petrochemical plants, we have to nuclear plants and we are big on hothouses. Our water is polluted and it costs a fortune to purify it. Our air is filthy. 1 in 3 people develops cancer during their lifetime. But you know what? We are one of the happiest nations in the world. Now go figure!

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote