View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #22
Lien

Re: Chelee, Thinking About You

Hi Chelee! Glad you got through surgery in one piece, but what are those nurses doing not following doctors' orders? Have you mentioned this to your doc and asked him to intervene? I've heard about not giving food to someone who is very nauseous after surgery. Were you still on an IV? They may have done that to make sure your stomach settled down. I had a similar reaction and everything I swallowed came back for 24 hrs. And that was after a short surgery with minimal anaesthesia.

Don't you have someone (husband, friend, relative) who can step in for you and deal with the poor nursing? I know I had to do that for my Dad when he was admitted after a fall recently. They are so busy they forget what they are doing. Or should be doing for that matter.

Isn't it ridiculous that you have to keep tabs on your treatment plan while in a hospital? Isn't that what the nursing staff should be doing?

Anyway, hope you get out of there soon, and may you heal swiftly so you can get your chemo.

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote