View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 02:37 AM   #17
Chelee

Re: Chelee, Thinking About You

Hi Shelia & the rest of my Her2 sisters. I'm still in a hosptail bed and i was suppose to be home by now. My surgery turned out to be 4 1/2 hrs instead of 3. A lot of scrapping of bone to remove tumor....and heard I lost alot of blood.
Woke up in recovery really nauseated!
That has never happened to me before....wow...was I sick!!! Ortho came in recovery and did say it was bc...which we all knew. It will be biopsied to see if there are any changes (Such as Er & PR)
!
No one gave me any food for 2 days....I'll save that for another day. No one got me out of bed for physical therapy either...and the orthos orders were to have me up the next morning walking. I was suppose to be home no later the 3 days...but today is my 5th day here.

The day after surgery they gave me a bag of potassium & one unit of blood. The the next day blood counts were still low and was given 2 more units of blood. I am really hurting as to be expected. They keep saying I will go home tomorrow but it never happens. They took my dilaulted (sp) pain pump away & all I Have is norco
and xanax will.

Its very hard to type on this 10 inch notebook my husband broke me so I will end this for now. Can't use this little keyboard it takes forever. I just hope I get out of here soon....I got to get back on my feet and get chemo started! Which now the oxi moniter is saying my air is only at 72 to 83 & that's NOTgood!!!!! I'm still on oxygen. Its always something? Thanks for your thoughts and prayers...I sure need them. We will see what brings?

Love to all of you!

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote