View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #6
Debbie L.

Re: To ALL - Please Remember Our Focus

Joe said:

"I am aware of and wary of changes to our healthcare system, but this is not the forum to discuss these issues. I suggest that if you wish to talk about these matters go to one of the thousands of political blogs and message boards on the internet or save it for Facebook."

And: "Add the National Breast Cancer Coalition to the Obama marching group."

Joe, that second paragraph seems like a fairly political statement to me. And it's your statement.

I am arguing that there is good science and good sense behind the USPSTF guidelines. I have made NO mention of whose politics do or do not support those guidelines.

If we want a supportive and interesting discussion group to happen here -- a group that represents and supports all members of the "HER2 club-that-no-one-wants-to-join" -- then I agree - let's not get into politics, nor religion. Let's look at breast cancer research and try to understand what is currently known about the science of breast cancer and how very much is yet to be learned about it before we'll be able to accomplish the goal that we all desire - an end to death from breast cancer.

And when we disagree, let's still just talk about the evidence to support our stances. We may never come to agreement but we can maintain respect, and we can learn.

Respectfully,
Debbie Laxague
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote