View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #1
Joe
Webmaster

To ALL - Please Remember Our Focus

My Father once told me "never discuss religion or politics" as you will always end up in a fight.

I am aware of and wary of changes to our healthcare system, but this is not the forum to discuss these issues. I suggest that if you wish to talk about these matters go to one of the thousands of political blogs and message boards on the internet or save it for Facebook.

The following is a copy of our mission statement an goals:

Mission Statement
A survivor directed group joined in purpose to inform, educate and support the community of breast cancer patients and their families, by providing them with the knowledge and the tools essential for their survival.

Goals
1. To empower breast cancer patients who overexpress the HER2 gene by providing them the latest available results of medical reasearch to facilitate confident and informed decisions regarding their treatment options.

2. To provide a forum where we will use the experiences, shared knowledge, and personal history of all our members to benefit each other.

3. To educate breast cancer patients, their families and the public about how to partner with their healthcare team to receive the comprehensive care and support they need.

4. To insure that patients have faster access to information that is complete, accurate, and unbiased for critical decision making and peace of mind.

5. To give Patients and Caregivers more comprehensive and easily accessible information on cancer care, support services, and information resources.

Warmest Regards
Christine and Joe

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote