View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #10
lizm100

Re: Dr. Love on "NEW" Mammogram guidelines

Dear unregistered-

Many young women who are diagnosed with breast cancer don't fall into the high risk factors. Through the many breast cancer forums and in person I have me many young women with no risk factors and they still ended up with breast cancer. I too had no risk factors since I have absolutely no breast cancer in my family. There are many girls in my family and I am the youngest of 6 girls. I did everything right; not overweight, had my 1st child b/4 the age of 30 and nursed all 3 of my children, exercised daily, ate healthy, avoided chemicals, no drinking, no smoking etc. I had no lump but ended up with breast cancer at the age of 38. After I stopped nursing my 8 month old I felt a thickening that only I felt and initially my doctors dismissed due to there being no family history of breast cancer. Due to my persistence, I finally got a mammogram. The radiologist who read my mammogram told me that it was a digital mammogram that saved my life. With my breasts being so dense, the mirco calcifications probably would not been visible on a traditional mammogram.
lizm100 is offline   Reply With Quote