View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 09:14 AM   #24
Sandra in GA

Re: How many of you have had a bone scan?

After my surgery, my onc ordered a bone scan and a CT scan of my body, in Sept of last year. In order to get into the clinical trial I am now completing (last dose of Tykerb tomorrow, last dose of Herceptin was this past Wed. "YEAH, YEAH"), I had to have no mets to bones or other organs. I had 21 of 21 lymph nodes test +, so when both of these came back negative, that put me stage III instead of IV!! I had another set of bone and CT scans ordered by my radiation onc in February before she began radiation. After seeing my onc in Dec and letting them draw the rest of the blood work for the study, I will see him every three months. They have not told me how often they will order scans then.

Chelee, it does seem strange that you have never had one. They give you a dye IV, but it has never been a problem. Like someone said, those scans just show them how old one is getting. On one of the CT scans, I learned that I have a small inguinal hernia filled with fat! How embarassing is that!!
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote