View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #15
Chelee

Re: How many of you have had a bone scan?

Debbie, I just wanted to see how many of you had a bone scan because in the almost 4 yrs I've been dealing with this I've never had one? I've read alot of posts and it seems like everyone has had at least one bone scan since dx? (I was curious as to why I've never had one especially now that we know I've had mets to hips since day one.) I've had DEXA scans, PET/CTs, Brain MRI's...but never a bone scan?

I am having my first one Monday morning ordered by the Ortho doc that will be doing my femur surgery on the 18th? I told the Ortho I was concern about my right foot/ankle swelling for the last 6 or so months...and its painful. I had asked my onc if cancer travels to the ankle? She said it can...but that is SO RARE. Dr. Femino (Ortho) said it's NOT that rare. So he wants a head to toe bone scan. I was also curious because when I forced my onc to run the MRI which showed the mass on femur...she sent me over for an X-Ray of pelvis/femur. The techs over there ALL kept asking me where my bone scan was? I kept telling them I've never had one and they said I would of had to of in all this time with my dx. They were really having a fit over it.

So I just seriously just wanted to know if I was the only one that hasn't had a bone scan? So far everyone gave me exactly the answer I was looking for...right on target. So far it looks like everyone has had a bone scan or two. (I'm glad my onc is always looking out for me.)

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote