View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
Midwest Alice

hip problems evaluated

Tue. I will have a work up on my hips. I went to my back Dr. because of pain and have worked with PT's twice a week for about 8 weeks. I have had improvement on my back pain and we have found the problem to be in my hips. I have zero interior rotation and that is not improving. My exterior is half of normal and has improved. I can walk and stand just fine. More problems standing after I set down and trouble reaching my toes. I excerise daily.

Chelee, I am so sorry that you are having to deal with the hip problem righ in the middle of treatment. I read your post and pray for you. I am thankful to you for sharing your story.

So I guest this is a good time to look at hip replacements if I am close to the point of needing it. I will have exrays on Tue. The PT's don't say I need replacements just that we need to see how much deteration is there. This Dr. will do xrays then I think he will send me to another Dr. I will also talk to my onc.

My PET from OCT - Degenerative change of the bony structures, especially in the spine and both hips with bony remodeling sclerosis and spur formations.
08/08, Herceptin/tax 12 every week
10/08, CT/PET clear, ? on pelvis, hips, MUGA 43, started Enalaprial for heart, Herceptin every 3 weeks
11/08 33Rads; 12/08 MUGA 48
2/09 MRI spine and bone scan, old mets to spine, Chest x-ray, blood work, IV NED,regular CPAP use,Zometa x6, first -flue like symptoms 2 days;Herceptin x3; stage 2 lymphoedema..sleeve and glove
4/09 Brain MRI - CLEAR; MUGA 54
7/09 chest ultrasound,
10/09 PET, brain and spin MRI NED Herceptin only. MUGA 59!!!
1/11 Hip replacement 7/11 Hip 2 replacement
4/12 4 years!! Herceptin
6/12 start reconstruction finish in 12/12
2/14 Herception - 6 years!!!

1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you
can stand up under it."

Midwest Alice is offline   Reply With Quote