View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #12
Chelee

Re: The treatment dilema, no T-DM1

Shelia, As you know I was just out to see Dr. Slamon. Since I can't get into the TDM1 trial at the moment...their 2nd recommendation for me was the Tykerb/Herceptin combo. As I'm mentioned before it doesn't seem like all onc are up to date on this combo yet? My onc & even COH onc said you have to add chemo to that combo or it won't work. That sure isn't what Dr. Slamon says. They told me it WOULD work. I was told because I am so Her2 it will work. Since being told this I've done alot or research & see there have been alot of clinical trials on this combo with great results. Plus I know Dr. Slamon knows what he is talking about rather my onc or the other one agrees with him or not. These onc's need to stay up to date & current which I'm sure isn't always easy.

Here's to Tykerb kicking butt and getting you back to being stable...then hopefully things will fall into place so you can still get into the TDM1. The results have been great as you know. I'm glad you at least got started on something because I know the stress of sitting & waiting with no trt...talk about stressful. Here's to you getting the all clear from your Cardio doc. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts & prayers.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote