Thread: vickie h update
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #37
Unregistered

Re: vickie h update

Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes.
We are in touch with Tolli up in Idaho for the TDM1 trial and if all goes well, we will be flying up there next Friday or the following Monday. We are waiting for the results of her brain MRI and ekg, as well as some blood tests that should be in today. If she passes these, she will be in the trial for sure. If not, her Onc in Santa Monica has a phase I trial (sounds a little sketchy) she can start with Alimta. Right now we are plahing the waiting game. Her Onc up here, where we live wants to put her on Herceptin/Tykerb but non of her Oncologists are looking at long-term survival at this rate. We are praying for anything we can get.
Her skin mets are pretty extensive, open and weeping from all the necrotic tissue. I never knew IBC could look like this and it has me worried.
She misses all of you so very much and talks about you everyday. She just hasn't had the strength to use the computer, but she prays for all of you daily. You have become her family and her hope and her dear friends. She speaks of you in such loving terms and cares for you so deeply.
I will keep you posted and as soon as her anemia gets better, she will be here to talk to you again. Right now, she is on pain meds and sleeps a lot.
Please keep her in your prayers as you are always in hers.
Cap