View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #25
Vic

Re: Breast cancer treatment, novel H1N1 2009 pandemic, and risk

Hi Steph and the others who weighed in on this. It's nice to consider these comments and as it stands right now, I've had my regular flu shot and am not inclined to have the H1N1 at this point. I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for next week, but had to cancel as we're flying back to Wisc. for my husband's mother's funeral. They won't reschedule an appointment for me until they are sure there's enough of the vaccine available.

Maybe the decision has been made for me, or at least it made my decision a bit easier. So, I've been washing my hands frequently and using hand sanitizer. Who knows, maybe I'll wear a mask again when I'm on the plane, like I did when I was in treatment. But, like you, Steph, having been out of treatment for a few years, I'm not as gung-ho to get the shot. Steph, do you use a "buffered" salt up your nose with a netipot or what's your process? In the shower? I did a have a head cold which took a couple of weeks to clear up, but it wasn't bad, just congestion and not feeling as perky as I usually do. But, I'm better now and have been supplementing my immune system by chewing a few Esberitox tablets (from health food store).

Thanks everyone for your input and I'll keep checking this for updates from you fab women. I'm in Vegas right now and using a computer in the lobby of the hotel, so I'd better go wash my hands and sanitize them right now. If anyone watches "GLEE," I feel like the high school counselor on that show, a regular clean freak when it comes to germs. ;-)

Vicki
Paget's of the nipple, Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma and DCIS of the rt breast
Bloom-Richardson score 8/9, P53+ 60-70%, Ki-67+ 30-40%
Skin-sparing mastectomy with immediate lat-flap reconstruction and saline implants, 1/04
Chemo: FAC, five sessions every three weeks Feb.-May 04, then switched to HTC weekly for 12 weeks, June-Aug 04
Zometa every 6 months for osteopenia, started April 09
Vic is offline   Reply With Quote